Right now, I’m on a plane to Palm Springs, California, which means that I’m officially on summer vacation! I wrote my last exam yesterday, and now I’m free of scholastic responsibilities until September. In keeping with last year’s list, I decided to make another compilation of things I learned in my (second) first year of university.
- You do not have to be in the cluster to be friends with the cluster.
- Be friendly. You know how to talk – this is how you’re going to make friends.
- Always go to Aggie Pub.
- Make the most of your Cat Science membership.
- I know that an 8:30 class on a Thursday morning sucks. Stop skipping it.
- You won’t fail two classes if you actually do the work for those classes.
- Go on Ski Trip, even if you don’t know how to ski.
- Spend a lot of time in the Aggie Lounge. This is how you’ll meet most upper years, and you’ll wish you’d have met them in first semester.
- Being on exec will be great fun, and will lead you to learn what you want to do in life.
- Second semester is super expensive, but it’s totally worth it.
- Spend time with the 17s when you go to Aggie events.
- More people know you than you think.
- Buying a gym membership won’t give you incentive to go to the gym.
- Go to biology. Writing out 24 lectures that you haven’t attended in 3 days sucks.
- Find out what happened to the money on your student card.
- Having a part-time job is a great idea, but not when you’re working 18 hours a week.
- Don’t miss the Aggie family photo. You’ll always regret it.
- It’s okay that you missed the Aggie family photo. You’ll be in lots of other ones.
- Don’t try to get the stain out of your leather on your own. Just leave it.
- Remember that twitter is how you’ll meet a lot of your ag contacts. Act accordingly.
- You’ll be flying by the seat of your pants for a lot of the things that you do. That’s fine, as long as you look good doing it.
- The OAC Class of 2017 Stags (FEAR THE DEER) is your new family.
- Don’t let school get in the way of your education.
Thanks for an incredible year, everybody! Have a fantastic summer, and I can’t wait to be back in the fall.
Keep Calm and Farm On,
Emma — The Suburban Aggie